We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- GitHub username
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or by emailing at email@example.com
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access our service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access our service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Examples of cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our service.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Mighty Acorn, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- To provide and maintain our service;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service;
- To monitor the usage of our service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The Legal Basis on which we Process Your Personal Data
The Lawful Bases on which we process your personal data are as follows:
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Legitimate Interest: this means the legitimate interest of us, and our customers, in our conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience when using our services. The legitimate interests include provision of services that we are contractually obliged by our customer to deliver to you; to provide and improve Tapioca; to administer our relationship with you and our business; for marketing; and in order to exercise our rights and responsibilities under our customer terms and other contracts. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Performance of Contract: this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract between us and our customer, or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legal Obligation: this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Consent: this means your affirmative, explicit consent.
Retention of Data
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
- To other members of our group of companies;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. For a full list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations or any judicial order;
- To enforce our contractual rights under our customer terms of service or otherwise;
- To protect the security, rights, privacy, safety and property of Tapioca, of you, or of others.
We may also disclose your data to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.Google Analytics:
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service.This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
. We also encourage you to review Google's policy for safeguarding your data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Mixpanel is a business analytics service that tracks and reports user interactions on our website. Mixpanel uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. For more information on the privacy practices of Mixpanel, please visit their Privacy Statement: https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/
Security of Data
We have appropriate security measures in place intended to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Transfer of Data outside of Europe
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), we may transfer your personal information to certain of these service providers located outside the EEA. Some of our service providers are based in the USA. Any transfer of your personal information will be subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For more details regarding the safeguards in place regarding transfers to any individual service provider, please ask us at email@example.com
Your Data Protection Rights Under GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by GDPR. If you wish to exercise any of your rights in respect of our use of your data for our own purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you;
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format;
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information;
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Links to Other Sites
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.