This can be a controversial topic, but we’ve discovered that there’s a way to provide an engaging and interesting experience while getting enough signal so you only spend time interviewing people that match your expectations. There are other benefits, like being able to evaluate key skills while being blinded, and giving an opportunity to a larger set of people.
We also understand that many candidates suffer from bad take-home experiences. However, we’ve seen that if the take-home is respectful of their time, introduces them to interesting workflows, and if their efforts are reciprocated with constructive feedback, candidates can have a delightful experience even if they are not selected for the role.
So the question really is, are you open to using one? In the past year, we designed more than 20 highly engaging take-homes and helped filled over 10 different roles. To top it off, candidates loved it. 92% of candidates that took one of our take-homes had a positive reaction to our feedback, the other 8% had no comments. As a result of that work, we have a library of take-homes that cover base roles. We’d be more than happy to demo them to you and see how we can help. If you need a new take-home or want to use one that we’ve already designed, please get in touch with email@example.com